Thursday, July 3, 2008

the quality of my kindergarten education...

the quality of my kindergarten education...
I was searching in facebook to see if there's a group for my kindergarten. I couldn't find any.
I then replaced the word Kindergarten with Kindergarden, coz it's a common spelling mistake by HK people.
The search results show a woman, and the words "Work Info" was highlighted. I proceeded to read her profile, and found out that she was a teacher in my kindergarten, and it was during the time I was in that kindergarten.
I don't think I had her as my class teacher, but it still made me mo noi. NICE. An ex-teacher in my kindergarten couldn't spell kindergarten, even after so many years. (She has been working a company since my kindergarten was folded)

I wonder how she got hired.

It made me think of my own class teacher in kindergarten. Once we played a game in class. 2 students were involved in the game, and a word was stuck on their back. Their goal was to read the word on the other's back. Whoever got the word first won. It was quite 激烈 and my teacher got so excited that she said to one of the student "砌佢生豬肉!!! (repeated 3-4 times)" I had no idea what it meant, but I felt that she was just showing off some "adult sentences" that we don't know, coz it was strange that she repeated so many times. That night I described to my dad what we played in class, and I asked him what ""砌生豬肉" meant, he was -__-!!! and said "errrr why did your teacher say such thing in front of you??"

This is what happened in a supposedly "名校" kindergarten. hahaha!!!!

I remember the other time the teachers 偷運us to 賽西湖公園. We literally sneaked out from our classroom and our teachers told us to be quick so that the principal wouldn't see us... I didn't know if it really was 賽西湖公園 coz later when I wanted to go there with my mom again, we couldn't find that place... -_-!!!

I think the following story is the funniest-

I attended 2 kindergartens. When I attended the first one it was around 1989. One day when we arrived at school school, the teacher told us that we had to switch to another classroom. We went to another classroom, sat down (I remember it was so pretty crowded), and it was not like a normal school day. The teacher didn't write on the whiteboard and we didn't play games. Suddenly a teacher came in and told us to shout "打倒李鵬!!". I had no idea who 李鵬 was, but I repeated after my teacher because it was what she told us to do. I told this story to my family when I was in high school, just because I thought this is funny, and I didn't know there's any 政治含意, then they said "-_-!!! Luckily we didn't bring you to China at that time. If you mo la la shouted this out in China, maybe we wouldn't be able to come back." HAHAHA!!!! The teachers must be very disappointed coz it didn't make me more (or less) 熱血for 六四事件.

Moral of the story: Choose a kindergarten carefully for your kids, or not. See, I still grew up into a normal (though marginally) person. HAHAHA

Katy Kei Ting Chan wrote
at 8:10am on November 19th, 2007
XDDDDDD
Marissa Tse (UCLA) wrote
at 3:26pm on November 19th, 2007
hahaha!!!! so gau siuXD
ai~ i've 0 memory abt being a kindergartener@@
Sindy Mak (Cornell) wrote
at 7:38pm on November 19th, 2007
omg... i've nearly forgotten about our kindergarten era...
the one thing i always remember is we used to repeat many times "May I have some more [of marshmallow] please?" during english session.. in order to eat more....... Did we go to 賽西湖公園?!! I thot we always went to 九龙公园 tho...!!no... or was that primary school....
Thanks for tag of this note~ my fellow supposedly "名校" kindergarten-mate wakakaaaa..
Vivian Chiu wrote
at 6:56am on November 22nd, 2007
who is that teacher? i met one of the teachers when i visited the dentist! She became a nurse!

No comments: