And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
This is a gift made by the Class of 1955. A class gift at UW-Madison containing a Bible verse... haha! I wonder what people's reaction would be if this happens now! :P
I wonder why they picked this verse. "ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.".... I remember the heated debate last year over the issue of funding religious student organizations on campus... Maybe if they know the truth, they wouldn't have to spend time on arguing over this?
Applying this to the university setting, what is the truth that I should know? The truth that XP is c-commanding YP and so it would be a * if YP is spoken before XP? The truth that economists are trying to dominate the society and fool people into believing that policies like NCLB will improve quality of schools in poor communities, but what they do is actually cutting fundings from them and make it even harder for them to improve? Thanks to UW-Madison for giving me the opportunities to learn these truths. But this sense of helplessness is haunting me, even after I've received my degree. Why are there so many truths of darkness and I am unable to help?
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
Free? Why is it that I don't feel free at all? Or is it because I never learnt the "real" truth?

No comments:
Post a Comment