My cousin came in and I showed her the website...
This was the first secret from last Sunday:

Then she started telling me a story of her friend...
And for the first time, I really experienced what I heard from Frank Warren last year at his talk, "sharing your secrets can make you connect with other people, and feel less lonely".
Then we read my "A Lifetime of Secrets" together. We just sat on the floor and finished half of the book.
It hurts to read some of the secrets. I wonder why life can be so sad for some people.
We all have secrets. And sometimes we hold onto them and can't let go. I appreciate people's bravery to share their secrets openly to the world. It allows me to know more about different sides of the world. And when I see a secret that is the same as the one that I am keeping deep down in mt heart (not the above-posted secret!! I'm not married!!). I know I'm not alone. In this way, we're all connected.
The PostSecret website, updated every Sunday:
http://postsecret.blogspot.com/
"Free your secrets and become who you are", the fb note that I wrote after I went to Frank Warren's talk last year:
http://angelapyli.blogspot.com/2008/07/free-your-secrets-and-become-who-you.html
No comments:
Post a Comment